1. For a more perfect eyeliner look, try and keep your eyes open as you apply the liner.
This might take some practice, but it's definitely worth it once you get it down.
2. When applying eyeliner it's important to rid your eyelids of grease and oil.
If you don't it can create smudging, and unless that's what you're going for, you should use a makeup wipe or tissue to clean your lids.
3. When lining your eyes, try and keep the line as close to your lashes as possible.
Doing this creates the illusion of it being a part of your eye.
4. A little white line goes a long way.
If you have small eyes, or if you just want to make your eyes look bigger, use a white pencil in the inner rims of your eyes and then use your regular liner outside of it.
5. Pencil liner vs liquid liner
Another tip to make your eyes look bigger is using a softer eyeliner pencil. Smudge the line with your finger to finish it off.
6. For a perfect cat eye look, use a thinner liner.
If you're using a dull liner it makes it really hard to get that perfect straight line.
7. The perfect line
Using tape or a straight edge on the side of your eye, allows you to get the straightest line for your cat eye. This is good for beginners, or if you just need some extra practice.
8. Fuller lashes
When applying mascara, it's important that you should place it near the roots and not the tips. This way it makes your eyelashes look longer.
9. Clumpy eyelashes are NOT cute.
To avoid this, shake your brush from side to side as you're applying the mascara.
10. Seperate those lashes
After you apply the mascara, use an eyelash comb to remove clumps.
11. For that extra curl
You can use an eyelash curler before or after for that extra curl.
12. Mascara doesn't need to be messy
Use a tissue paper when adding mascara to your bottom lashes to prevent smudging the rest of your makeup.
13. For beautiful lashes all day long
If you want your mascara to last longer, use a base first. (Shiseido is an excellent choice.)
14. Mascara is supposed to last 3 to 4 months, but sometimes it dries out a lot sooner.
To make it last longer just add a couple of eye drops into the tube and rub the wand around inside. This will soften the mascara.
15. Eyeshadows can be one of the trickiest parts of eye makeup.
If it's not blended well enough, or if its not the right combination of shades, it can look like a total mess. Eyeshadow should be applied in this order:
1. The base color (lightest color) should be placed on the eyes up to the brow bone.
2. The lid color goes over that (medium color)
3. Finally, the highlighter color (darkest color)
Don't forget to blend, blend and BLEND.
16. Skin tone matters, when choosing eyeshadow
Make sure to choose an eyeshadow that goes well according to your skin tone.
17. Eyeshadows for your specific eye color
Choosing an eyeshadow according to your eye color is a biggie. If you're not sure, go to any makeup store and ask a trained makeup artist for some help.
18. Keep the color below the crease.
When creating a smokey eye look, don't raise the color above the lid.
19. What eye shape do you have?
Different eye shapes have different areas that should be highlighted. Do some research and highlight in the areas your eye shape needs.
20. Avoid creasing!
Use an eyeshadow primer before applying any eyeshadow to avoid creasing throughout the day.
21. Heat your eyelash curler
If you're eyelashes still aren't curling, blow dry your eyelash curler, just be careful that it doesn't get too hot.
22. Create a balance
If you are using a bright lipstick, make sure your eye make up isn't too overwhelming. Other wise you might just look like a hot mess.
23. Make sure any brush you use is good quality.
The ones that come with your makeup usually aren't. Good quality brushes can really improve how you apply your eyeshadow and liner.
24. Don't forget about your eyebrows!
Make sure they are ALWAYS maintained. Eyebrows make the biggest difference, no matter how good your eye makeup is.
25. Clean your mascara brush
If you want clump free lashes, you have to wipe off your mascara wand after each use. It might seem like a waste, but if you don't and you get clumpy lashes, it's still a waste.